Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Role Change

So I checked out the roles for The Dark knight Rises --which is coming out in theaters July 20, 2012--on IMDb just to see if their are any new characters or if the rumor is true about still adding in Hugo Strange, another big time time villain who will go through anything to destroy Batman and a character that many fans would love to see in the big screen. However, while I searching I noticed that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not going to be playing Alberto Falcone, the son of Carmine Falcone, but instead he will be playing John Blake, a Gotham city beat cop who will be under the command of Commissioner Gordon [played by Gary Oldman].This Character is brand knew to the Batman Universe, but it doesn't matter who Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays because he will make that character will known with his great skills as an actor.

Also new to the TDKR cast:

Anne Hathaway--Selina Kyle / Catwoman

Tom Hardy--Bane

Marion Cotillard--Miranda Tate

Juno Temple--Holly Robinson

Josh Pence--Young Ra's Al Ghul

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this to come out! Any pictures of the costumes yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I totally agree with you when you say that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be good as any character. I am not familiar with Hugo Strange either. I guess I just don't know much about the Batman trilogy. Was Hugo Strange in any of the other Batman movies? I clicked the link and saw the picture of the cartoon but it doesn't ring a bell at all. I guess the Joker from the most recent Batman was the most obvious villan. I can't believe this movie is coming out in 2012. That seem so far away. I'm still watching it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE Batman and always have since the comics and the cartoons. I am really excited to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I love him as an actor and he plays every role he's done in movies very well. I wish it was coming out sooner but now I have something to look forward to for a whole year! The last batman movie, the Dark Knight, will be hard to beat because Heath Ledger did such an amazing job playing the Joker, but I can't wait to see if Joseph Gordon-Levitt can be the next best villain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, what I think must be asked, and you sound like an informative sourse on this, what do you think about batman to become a series. This can either go 2 ways. I feel, the first, and probably better way is what the James Bond series went through. Every movie followed a different plot, different villian, but bond stayed the same. The other way, and the way most series go (down the drain), such as friday or saw series. I think it will be interesting to see, because I would like to see the joker or mr freeze (maybe arnold could make a come back lol). Also, these are big budget movies and it could be interesting if the budgets are sustainable.

    ReplyDelete