Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spider-man VS Spider-man

Its only been 4 years since the latest Spider-man movie came out and now Sony has decided to reboot the web-slinging hero. Basically everything changed. In the reboot film there is no Mary Jane Watson, no J. Jonah Jameson, the movie is going to take place during Peter Parker's high school years and the costume is totally different, which everybody is talking about.

Spider-man 1,2, and 3 costume was based on the traditional comic spider-man that we all know.


The Spider-man reboot costume, now entitled as The Amazing Spider-man, has been modernized with new features and design.


As you can see, everything basically changed. The spider symbol that is located in the center of the chest, the gloves, and boots. A big thing that definitely changed was his web shooters located on his rest. In the last three films he shot his web organically from his rest. now if you noticed you see web shooters which he invented so that he can swing through the city and trap people in his sticky web, which is based on the comic Spider-man.
I feel like the new Superhero movies are trying to be more realistic and stick to the comics at the same time. Hopefully the second time around is better than the first.

6 comments:

  1. I really don't want this movie to be in 3D though, I liked the 2D version of the Toby McGuire Spider-man's and I think they should keep it the same. It will be more expensive to watch too. But if I see the trailer in 3D version and if it seems to fit I may change my mind about the movie being in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you have a successful series such as Spider Man, I feel that consistency is crucial. You have already brought in the viewer and most likely they are a loyal fan. Attention to detail is important and when you implement unnecessary changes in a series you risk losing the loyalty of the viewer and or fan. I agree, comics are meant to be imaginary not necessarily realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like comic book based movies, however I dislike them when they change the story line. I like the idea that they are disclosing the history of Spiderman for those who are fans of him, but are not sure what his past was. I just hope that the producers don't change the story line to make the movie "more interesting". Perfect example, Spiderman 3 with Venom...I personally adore Venom. He's crazy! The appearance of Venom, however comes way later. What happen to Sinister Six. Well, the six wasn't that great, especially Mysterio. Why would I be intimidated with a man with a fish bowl as his costume. If you're a Mysterio fan I apologize, but I will still continue to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love comic book, I love Spider Man comic books. I think this new change will make the movie and story interesting. Change is great if they apply it correctly. I hope they don't mess up the story. I like his new outfit, it is more modern and stylish. i like the idea of 3D, I can't wait till I see the movie soon. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MM... Looks like they are going to try spiderman once again. I'm not really feeling that new symbol on his suit. I think using back the old design is better. However, the story line does sound good, can't wait for the movie to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ca't wait for this movie,I think this movie will be better than the previous

    ReplyDelete